Cashmere is one of the finest natural fibres in the world and is combed from the undercoat of Chinese and Mongolian goats. Knitwear made from this precious and delicate fibre is luxurious to wear but requires a little more care and attention than products made from other fibres.
HOW TO WASH CASHMERE KNITWEAR
Cashmere knitwear can be hand washed or dry cleaned. We recommend hand washing as this keeps your garments looking new. If you decide to hand wash your garment rather than dry cleaning, follow these simple washing instructions and your cashmere will last longer.
1. Your Jessica Biltoft cashmere should be turned inside out and hand washed in lukewarm water (30℃) using a specialist cashmere washing detergent or a mild detergent for delicates.
2. Submerge and then swish the suds through the fabric, taking care not to rub, then leave to soak for around 5-10 minutes. Do not wring or stretch the garment.
3. Rinse thoroughly but carefully using the same method as washing in clean lukewarm water. Press out the excess water but do not wring. Saturated garments should not be lifted before excess water has been gently squeezed out as they may stretch. A short, light spin in a washing machine will remove most of the water.
HOW TO DRY CASHMERE KNITWEAR
1. Smooth the garment back into its original shape and place flat on a towel - dry naturally away from direct heat such as radiators or sunlight. Never hang your cashmere as it will distort the shape and fit. Do not tumble dry.
2. When dry, press lightly on the inside with a cool iron avoiding any labels.